It’s time to switch to WordPress!
BY Jennifer Owers
I’m sure you’ve heard it repeatedly—probably even from us. If you’re not using WordPress as your content management system (CMS), you should be. And if Drupal’s 2022 version update wasn’t enough to shock you into migrating to WordPress, here are 7 reasons to make the switch!
- Easy version updates. As mentioned, other PHP-based CMSs can be a headache to update, from having to rewrite code and do away with plug-ins to forcing us to rebuild pieces of websites. To date, we’ve never encountered anything like that with WordPress, with updates often installed automatically or with the click of a button.
- It’s so popular! More than 60% of the Internet uses WordPress to manage their website—the next most popular CMS? Joomla with less than 5%. This means more resources, more knowledge sharing, and more developers all contributing to this CMS!
- With great popularity comes great plug-ins. Aside from the butchered Spider-man quote, it’s undeniable that the popularity of WordPress has attracted thousands of app and plug-in developers, creating one of the most robust plug-in directories available—and it’s centralized into WordPress’ interface. Simply type in the feature you are looking for, and a list of plug-ins populates, showing you their popularity ratings and recent updates.
- Hosting companies are now optimizing for WordPress. You can find hosting plans specifically made to host WordPress-managed websites with some of the most popular hosting companies like GoDaddy and Blue Host. You can find single-site hosting plans with WordPress-ready servers, built-in themes, and SEO packages.
- It’s great for multiple users. Do you have a lot of writers contributing to your online content? Need to control logins for external users? WordPress’ built-in user database management can handle it all. Clark Communications has experience using WordPress to manage thousands of member logins for exclusive passworded content.
- Easy styling and programming. Clark Communications has been working with WordPress for over a decade, including custom designs tailored to your brand, ongoing maintenance after launch, and everything in between. We’ve launched dozens of sites and know WordPress like the backs of our hands. Our in-house project managers can even train you to update your site on your own.
- Easy to edit means quicker edits which saves you money. Don’t have a programming degree? No worries! WordPress’ easy-to-understand interface and customizability make it simple to create management tools and prompts for users of all abilities—and don’t forget, we’re always here to help you out if you get stuck!
Needless to say, WordPress is a powerhouse for managing your content in a supported and easy-to-use platform. It’s built for customization and is scalable to your needs as your company grows or pivots.
Get in touch with us to see how WordPress could be the solution that gives your business the competitive edge it needs!